Wednesday, July 23, 2014

5 going on 15

Hallie has proved to us time and time again that she is wise beyond her years. Last night's conversations shouldn't have surprised me, but she always finds a way to catch me off guard. We had "girls night" last night. I took her to swimming lessons while the boys stayed home :) 

We had to make a quick stop at Wal-Mart. We got out of the car, and Hallie's first comment was "this place is disgusting." I asked what she meant, but I knew the answer by looking around the parking lot. "Why do people think they need to litter?" she asked. We continued on our mission and left Wal-Mart. As we were headed out Hallie shouts from the back seat "I am going to go back there and pick up all that stuff so it can be recycled. I know all about recycling so I would be good at it." If only adults had that type of attitude!

Last night was her last night of swimming lessons. The poor little girl gets so distracted when there are other kids in the pool, so we had bribed her with a new pair of goggles if she did well and tried her hardest. She did awesome! She even asked her teacher if she would time how long she could stay under water. She may not be the best swimmer yet, but she has definitely made some progress this year!!

Swimming face down in the water. Whoohoo!
Year 1 of swimming lessons in the books!

On the way home we were chatting and I called her Bear. This isn't unusual. Her name is Hallie Bear at our house and Bear for short. I have no idea when/where it started. She informed me that I can no longer call her Bear because she is growing up. I told her I didn't care how old she was she would always be Bear. She was not impressed!

I love getting to spend time with her alone because her quick wit is absolutely hilarious. She can come up with the funniest things right off the cuff and many times not even mean for it to be funny. I am very proud of the 15 year old my 5 year old is becoming. Just don't grow up too quick on me Bear. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment