Friday, November 21, 2014

It's here!!

Corbin got his go baby go car today! While it is just a loaner we are very excited for him to use it. The University of Delaware came up with the concept of the Go Baby Go! It has been shown that kids (like Corbin) who physically aren't able to explore their environment miss out on cognitive, social, and many other skills they learn through exploring. This will allow him to explore, chase after his sister, and learn cause and effect. When he pushes the button it goes. When he stops pushing the button it stops. Only bad part is it would be very difficult for him to steer at this point. We are going to be getting a work out.


We never had to show him how to make it go. He knew. He knew so well we have to work on how to stop :) I have never seen him that excited for that long. He was beaming, squealing and wanting more. He played for an hour in it. For Jon and I, this was like seeing our baby walk for the first time. It made me heart burst at the seams to see him so lit up and so excited. For us, today was huge. Here is the first of many videos of his cruising I'm sure!


Today was also huge because we started my permanent 4 day work week. Due to therapy and doctors appointments (as well as my guilt for not spending more one-on-one time with Corbin), I will only be working Mon-Thurs. Fridays I will work from home a bit and then devote the afternoons to Corbin and therapies. I am thankful my work is understanding of the circumstances. It is vital we continue supporting Corbin at a crucial point in his life. The more intervention we have now the better his outcomes. Today is a positive day!


 And then the mad face because I made him quit driving the car so we could get groceries! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment