Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy 2nd Anniversary

When I first met Jon, I did not think he would be the man I would marry. While I thought he was fun, nice, charming, and damn good looking... I did not think he would be my prince charming. Boy was I wrong. The more times we talked, the more I knew.

I truly feel we are a good pair for each other, he tries to mellow me out, and I try to get him to be a planner. He is relaxed, laid back, go with the flow, easy to anger, not detail oriented, and super sweet. I am a planner, detailed, hate change or disruption, and maybe a little OCD. Bottom line, we push comes to shove we got this. We are at both ends of the spectrum and can meet in the middle. We have had our ups and downs but have always come out ahead. There is nothing I couldn't take on with this man by my side.

Jon and I met when Hallie had just turned two. Jon was a bachelor. I was a Mom. It was quite the pair. With this came its challenges. However I must say, Jon turned into one hell of a good Dad. He took one the challenge of Hallie and I. The bond that formed between them is unbreakable. It is a bond that makes me fall in love over and over again.

Fast forward TWO years... during the first year of our marriage we built our home together and got pregnant. We were 8 months pregnant for our 1st anniversary and had moved into our home that weekend as well. Wow... year two was up for the challenge. I am happy to report we had a little less "chaos" than the year before. This year has brought different events to our lives. We adjusted to being a family of four. It was quite the adjustment. No longer did one parent have their hands free. Going to the grocery store or out to eat is very different with two vs. one. To all you parents with multiple children.... you are saints. Hallie started Kindergarten, Corbin has been through drs and tests, we started finishing our basement, and honestly I don't know what happened to the rest of the year.

What I do know is here we are two years after our marriage started. Are things the same? Absolutely not. Would I change anything? Absolutely not. I get to wake up next to my best friend (other than the mornings Corbin is between us ha!), I have a partner to walk through life with, he is the best daddy I could have hoped for, and above everything at the end of the day we still have all the love in the world. Thank you for being my rock Jonathon!

Some throwback photos! Boy have we changed through the years!!

 

And lucky me the man of my dreams got me flowers for our anniversary. He knows how to make my day! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment