Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

Have I mentioned how much I love 3 day weekends? I love them almost as much as I love 3 day weekends and quality family time! Labor Day weekend is always a favorite of mine. It is the winding down of summer, a chance to catch up, and the perfect weather to get out and do something.

We did a lot. We went and visited "Uncle" Steve at Center Grove Orchard. That place is so neat and its amazing how much he has expanded it. While the orchard hasn't officially opened, Steve was kind enough to show us the new attractions, and it was nice to catch up with him.



We also were able to spend time at Aunt Chris & Uncle Troy's house. I love getting to spend time with family, and it is amazing how much Miss Ava grows every time we see her! Next up...we headed to the hotel. We learned after Iowa City that Corbin loves hotels, and once again he proved how excited he gets. We had a great time swimming until some kid  Hallie puked in the pool. Walk of shame as we left the pool and didn't dare show our faces again!! :) If you want the gruesome (hilarious!) details keep reading. If not skip down!

We had gotten to the pool, and Hallie ate her supper. Jon and I were going to order pizza later but wanted to swim before the kids got tired. So off to the pool we went... mistake #1. We were having a blast. Corbin loved the water, and Hallie was just as excited. We would rotate kids so our arms didn't fall off from holding Corbin. Jon had Hallie and was launching her into the water. She LOVED it... mistake #2. We switched kids, and being the cool Mom I am I threw Hallie up and into the water as well.... mistake #3. I couldn't figure out why she kept freaked out and was swallowing water the first time... eh oh well... let's do it again... mistake #4. Launched her again... same response... mistake #5. Jon then informed me he was throwing her so she could so the water, and I was throwing her backwards. We switched kids and no sooner than I had taken Corbin I saw the most horrifying thing. Vomit coming out and into the water. JON HALLIE IS PUKING! I couldn't get it out fast enough. He launched her onto the side of the pool where it continued. I threw Corbin back to him and made a dash out of the pool (imagine a whale trying to dive up and out of a pool). That is what I looked like. I didn't have time for stairs. I needed out. Okay she is done puking. And then it hits me- there are a dozen other people in this pool. I quickly walk out to tell the front desk what happened (thinking this was the worst possible thing). However, I got off easy. I left Jon with both kids (including the one that just made a mess) in the pool area with all the other parents and kids staring. Oh my gosh. I got back we grabbed towels, bowed our heads, and found the quickest route back to our room. What a night!


Next up - the zoo!



 We had a blast! It was nice to get away for a bit. Once we got home it was back to work! The flower beds have made progress! Now we just need the front deck on and the doors are painted, and maybe just maybe we could enjoy our home next summer!


Once again I am reminded of how lucky we are. We have two children that are happy and overall healthy kids. We are fortunate enough to be able to take trips and small getaways with our kids. We were blessed with finding each other early in life so we could spend many many years together. I am very grateful for all the things I have been given, and I continue to vow to take one day at a time. Enjoy the good days, and rise above the not so good days. At the end of the day, I have my family. What more could a girl ask for?


No comments:

Post a Comment